Religious Education

Just another global2.vic.edu.au site

Resurrection: One family of many cultures

October10

Year 5/6 are exploring the Sacraments and rituals:

Tell us about your family’s rituals. We’d love you to share them.

“Resurrection: One family of many cultures”

1. October 10th, 2014 at 6:47 am      Reply Lilian Says:

My family ritual happens every year at Christmas. My whole family comes to my house for a family gathering and celebrate Jesus’ birth.
    This is important to me and my family because my family don’t normally meet together as a whole family and it’s a nice reunion.
    This is similar to the Sacraments of Baptism because we are welcoming each other.

2. October 10th, 2014 at 7:00 am      Reply Kane.M Says:

My family’s ritual is saying a prayer before dinner.

This is important to my family and I because we THANK God for the food we have.

This is similar to the sacraments of Church because we are SHARING the bread and wine and we say thank you for our life

3. October 10th, 2014 at 9:09 am      Reply Z i-yan 5/6KS Says:

My family ritual is the first week of the month on Sunday we go to the temple. This is important to my family because we pray for our love ones that aren’t with us anymore. This ritual is similar to the anointing of the sick because we pray for the ones who were really sick and died.

From: Zi-yan

4. October 11th, 2014 at 3:05 am      Reply Samara Says:

My family’s ritual in on Christmas eve when my extended family have a huge party. It is important to my family because it is the one night a year when entire family can see each other on the one night. The sacrement that relates to my family ritual is communion because we all come together to celebrate

-Samara 5/6 KS

5. October 11th, 2014 at 3:46 am      Reply Amy 5/6KS Says:

Hi everyone!
    Every time there is an anniversary of a death of one of my relatives, my family will bless that relative and respect them for the day. This is important for my family and I because we personally think that we will help them to be comfortable and it helps us to remember them. This is similar to the sacraments of Church because we are still valuing the importance of a Holy Spirit.

6. October 12th, 2014 at 9:14 pm      Reply tram Says:

My family ritual is chinese new year. It is important because my family celebrates it more then one day and we also get money for being good. Chinese new year is similar to the sacraments in the church because it’s a family gathering, and we gather together to congratulate the person who’s recieving the sacrament.

7. October 12th, 2014 at 10:41 pm      Reply Liz Says:

It is wonderful to hear about all of your families. Keep the blogs coming. Show your parents our RE site!

8. October 13th, 2014 at 6:26 am      Reply Karim 5/6ks Says:

Dear world this is my family ritual

One of my family ritual is praying. This is important to my family because it makes us sleep more peacefully because we know we prayed to god. This is similar to the church because we are praying and respecting god.

9. October 13th, 2014 at 7:10 am      Reply Jaime Says:

One of my family rituals is…. Every New Years Eve my family and I go over to my family friends house to watch the fireworks and have dinner.

Jaime 5/6KL

10. October 13th, 2014 at 9:25 pm      Reply Aedan Downall Says:

My family ritual is our Christmas day party
    .
    This is important to my family and i because we invite a lot of people that we have not seen for a long time.

This is similar to the sacraments of church because i think that Jesus made Santa for a treat every year.

11. October 14th, 2014 at 8:50 am      Reply Andy T 5/6KS Says:

My family ritual is that we eat rice everyday at 7:30pm (not dinner) together and say what had happen at that day.
    The importance of this ritual to my family and I is to fix up problems that we have encountered.
    The similarity to the sacraments of church is that we are spending time together and help our lives be more aware of things

12. October 14th, 2014 at 8:54 am      Reply David 5/6AK Says:

Hi 5/6,

My family ritual is praying together every night before we go to bed.

The symbols of this ritual is folding our hands together and making the sign of the cross.

This is a very special moment for us, as we thank God for the many blessings he has given us. It relates to all of the Sacraments as praying together ‘brings a family together’.

13. October 14th, 2014 at 8:55 am      Reply Michelle Says:

My family on each year celebrates the anniversary of the dead by making food and burn fake clothes and money to offer to them!

14. October 14th, 2014 at 12:19 pm      Reply Courtney 5/6KL Says:

My family’s ritual is usually every Sunday, we all cook our favourite food and attempt to bake cakes or something we haven’t baked or cook before. This is important to my family and I because our family usually doesn’t try out new things together.

15. October 20th, 2014 at 7:15 am      Reply Ryan Says:

My family ritual is Christmas day.

The symbols of this ritual is present and celebrating Jesus birthday with my whole family.

this is important to us because that we see our whole family and have fun and seeing family members that live far away from us.

16. October 20th, 2014 at 10:03 am      Reply Lisa 5/6 AK Says:

My family ritual is going to the Mid-Autumn Festival at the temple, eating moon cakes while viewing the full moon. Also we light the incense sticks to get blessed by the moon.

The full moon, the moon cake and the incense sticks symbolise Mid-Autumn Festival.

This ritual relates to the sacraments because it’s like receiving the holy spirit but instead you receive the blessing.

Lisa 5/6 AK

17. October 21st, 2014 at 6:20 am      Reply Leean M Says:

My family ritual is that every Friday night, after dinner we get together and play a game, chat or do something like that.

Leean 5/6 KL

18. October 21st, 2014 at 8:38 am      Reply Angelina 5/6AK Says:

My family ritual is Christmas Day. All our relatives and families gather together in a place big enough to celebrate.

One of the symbols for this ritual is presents. We give each other presents of love and friendship.

This ritual relates to eucharist because every time when we celebrate Jesus’ birthday, it brings us closer to Jesus.

19. October 27th, 2014 at 5:52 am      Reply Christopher 5/6 MF Says:

At Christmas and Easter, we go to Grandma’s for breakfast and diner, and we go to Oma’s for lunch.

20. October 28th, 2014 at 5:10 am      Reply Nathan Says:

For Christmas, my extended family come together to have a party and we play Kris Kringle.
    -Nathan 5/6MF